Safe by Choice.
At Veit, safety doesn’t happen by accident. Being safe is a choice our employees make every single day — on and off the job site. In this industry, we can encounter dangerous job hazards every day. That’s why Veit takes an aggressive stand on safety. Our Safe by Choice brand and commitment to having a strong safety culture helps ensure no shortcuts or risks jeopardize the safety of our staff. What’s more, our Stop Work policy gives employees the power to stop any unsafe act or circumstance on the job site at any time.
Our comprehensive incident review program constantly evaluates accidents/injuries in an effort to determine the root cause and eliminate the unsafe behavior in the future. Information that is learned from these incidents is then shared with other Veit employees through ongoing safety training programs.
Veit also partners with Minnesota OSHA and Associated General Contractors of Minnesota in the Construction Health and Safety Excellence program. This collaborative initiative with industry organizations and Minnesota OSHA has resulted in lowering recordable incident rates through the implementation of best practices.
Awards VEIT has received:
• State of Minnesota Governor’s Award for Achievement in Occupational Safety
• Minnesota Laborers-Employers Cooperation and Education Trust Award for Safety Driven Union Contractors
• OSHA VPP Star Award
• Safety Champion Progam
• Annual Health and Safety Day Training Expo
• OSHA 10 Hour
• Hazwoper 8/40 Hour
• First Aid
• Confined Space
• D.O.T. Training
• Pipeline OQ Training
• Weekly Toolbox Topics
• Daily Job Hazard Analysis
• Near-Miss Reporting and Trends Analysis
• Weekly Senior Management Review of Incidents
• Return to Work Program
• Drug & Alcohol Testing Program
• Mandatory PPE Requirements
• Safety Glasses
• Hard Hat
• Class II High Visibility Safety Vests
• Leather Work Boot
• Crisis Management Program
• Recordable Incident Reviews
• Project Site Audits